Saturday, January 11, 2014

Sales Joke of the Day (January 11) The Bank Line.

A salesman in a bank line kept shaking his head in sorrow.


"Are you alright?" asked the woman standing behind him in line.


"Yeah," I've just had my dreams dashed, that's all.  You see, I thought I was made for life when my dad died and I inherited the family business.  But apparently the plant where cassette and video tapes are manufactured isn't worth that much these days."


Moral of the story.    True sales professionals know that in order to succeed at sales, they need to keep up with change.   They know that adaptability is key to thriving in times of changes.   Trying to avoid change by sticking with old technologies, well past their prime, will end up burying your career.    To stay on top you must get educated on the new ways of doing things and get connected to others on the new fast track to success.


"The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance."
                                                                                                                   -   Alan Watts