Saturday, August 11, 2012

Sales Joke of the Day (August 10) Work Ethic

A salesman's teenage son asks his father if he could borrow some money to buy a car.

The salesman replied, "Son, I got my first motorcycle when I was 19, and with my own money!  I got my first car at 23 and with my own money!  At 25 I got married with my own money."

At this point the salesman's son interjected excitedly, "So there's no problem then Dad!  This car would be bought with your own money too!"

Moral of the story.   True sales professionals know the tough lessons in life start early.   They know they have an obligation to instill in their kids a sense of work ethic, that sense of personal pride that comes from earning something on your own.  True sales professionals know that sometimes tough love with your kids is the only way to go.  Not only does it teach them something about life, it lets you keep some money set aside for your own retirement!

"I had a very difficult childhood. I was surrounded by people who had both parents, which made me feel different. Having a bit of a rougher existence early on, it made me appreciate the work ethic that my grandparents instilled in me."
                                                  

                                                  
                                                                                          -       George Lopez