Friday, August 03, 2012

Sales Joke of the Day (August 3) Boss of Your Own Company

A salesman finally achieved the goal of a lifetime.  He became the boss of his own company.  Asked if it was all he'd expected it to be, he said,   "Let me put it this way.  The building code tells me what kind of plant to put up.  The union tells me what the salaries and the hours should be.  The government makes me deduct from paychecks.   My salesmen and saleswomen now tell me what they can sell and what I should make.  And on top of that, last month I got married."

Moral of the Story.      Erma Bombeck might say that the "Grass is Always Greener Over the Septic Tank"  but where I'm from, no matter what, a good salesperson always takes "orders".
 
"A good boss makes his men realize they have more ability than they think they have so that they consistently do better work than they thought they could."      -   Charles Erwin Wilson