Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sales Joke of the Day (August 15) Artie.

A salesman named Artie, gets tired of working so hard in sales, taking rejection all day and not getting anywhere.  One day at lunch he sees all these guys in three piece suits and fancy cars and he decides right there to give up his career in sales and join the Mafia.

So Artie the unsuccessful sales rep goes up to one of the guys in a three piece suit and says, "I want to join the Mafia."

The guy answers, "You ever kill anyone for money?"

Artie answers, "No."

The guy says, "Well you either have to be born into the Mafia, or you gotta kill someone for money."

So Artie replies, "How much will you pay me?"

The guy says, "I'm not going to pay you." 

Artie says, "C'mon, just pay me a dollar so I can get in."

The guy says, "Okay, I'll tell you what.  You kill somebody, tell me about it, and if I see it in the morning paper, I'll pay you a dollar."

Artie replies, "Okay, deal!  Thank you!  Artie heads off on his mission.  he goes to Ralph's Supermarket, sees an old lady pushing her cart, and decides that she has lived a good life.  Artie goes up to her, grabs her around the neckand chokes her to death.    The bag boy sees Artie choke the old lady and chases after him.   Artie turns, grabs the bag boy by the neck and chokes him to death.

In the morning paper the headlines read,  "Artie chokes two for a dollar at Ralph's!"

Moral of the story..    True sales professionals know that sales can be a tough racket.  But if you are constantly choking just before a deal closes, it could mean the death of your career.

"Hold on with a bulldog grip, and chew and choke as much as possible."  -  Abraham Lincoln