Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Sales Joke of the Day (archives) The Drive Home.

After a long evening drinking in the golf club bar, a salesman set off for home, but half a mile down the road his car was pulled over by a police officer.


The officer did not need a breathalyzer to see what the problem was.  "You're too drunk to drive," he said.


"Too drunk too drive?" repeated the salesman.  "I'm too drunk to putt!"


After his car was impounded, his mugshot and fingerprints taken, a court date set and bail posted, the salesman took a cab home.   When the salesman got home, his wife was fit to be tied.


After two hours of non-stop nagging, the salesman couldn't take it any longer.   He turned to his wife and yelled, "Be quiet!  Or you will drive me out of my mind!"


"That wouldn't be a drive," she argued.  "That would be a putt!"


Moral of the story.  True sales professionals know better than to drink and drive.  For if they do, they know it could cost them some "green."   But, in addition to the monetary costs there's the additional trouble and "rough" time one's entire family would be "putt" through.  And that just wouldn't be a "fair way" to deal with things now "wood" it?  Don't get "trapped" by the drink, be a "tee"totaller, "fore" your kid's sake.


"Whenever I walk off the golf course, I thank God that I am able to tell a joke.  I thank God I'm good at something."   -  Ray Romano