Thursday, October 03, 2013

Sales Joke of the Day (archives) The Golden Years?

Two retired sales reps are sitting on a park bench, feeding the pigeons and talking about old times.  Uber-competitive throughout their careers, they never lose an opportunity to "one-up" one another.   Today is no different.

"My arthritis is acting up again this morning," says the first sales rep.  "I must be getting old. But I'm only 75!"

"You think you've gotten old?" asserts the second rep.  "Wait till you turn 76 like me!  I've had two by-pass surgeries, a hip replacement, and I've had three new knees.  I've beat prostate cancer while fighting type-2 diabetes.  I'm half blind, can't hear anything quieter than a jet engine, take 40 different medications that make me dizzy, winded, and subject to blackouts.  I have bought of dementia, poor circulation and I can hardly feel my hands or feet anymore.  I feel like I have to go to the bathroom, even when I'm going to the bathroom!  I can't remember if I'm 76 or 86.  I've lost most of my friends."         "But,   thank the Lord I still have my Florida driver's license!"

Moral of the story.   If you're in Florida on business, forget the rental car!  Take a taxi and let the taxi company take the risk of driving on those roads!    While the cab driver does the driving, you can just sit back and enjoy the view or get some work done.   If a senior citizen drives right into your vehicle, it's the cab company's problem.  It's their insurance that takes the hit.  Bottom line.  When you're traveling on business, travel as light as possible and don't take any unnecessary risks!

"All diseases run into one, old age."    -   Ralph Waldo Emerson