Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Sales Joke of the Day (October 15) The Wallet Photo.

Two salesmen are line at the company cafeteria to buy their lunch.   When they both pull out their wallets to pay, the first asks the second.   "Why do you have a picture of your wife in your wallet?"


"Well," says the second salesman, "during the day if I start to slack off, or if I have a really bad call and I'm feeling a little down, I take out my wife's picture for inspiration.  She reminds me why I do what I do, and I get right back to work.   I see you have a picture of your wife in your wallet too.   Same reason?"


"No," says the first salesman.  "I've got a picture of my wife in there as just a reminder that in its place could have been a lot more money."


Moral of the story.   True sales professionals know that in order to be successful in sales you need to share the wealth with those you do business with.   So butter up your clients by spreading the bread, sharing the dough or giving them their slice.   Don't be a crusty old miser.   Remember, you need to open up your wallet, before you can put more in.


"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed."   -   Benjamin Franklin