Friday, December 27, 2013

Sales Joke of the Day (archives) The Dog House.

A salesman was sitting in his back yard looking rather sad.  His neighbor called over the fence to ask what the problem was.


"I fell for one of those questions women ask," said the salesman.  "Now I'm in the dog house."


"What kind of question?" asked the neighbor.


"My wife asked me if I would still love her when she was old, fat and ugly."


"That's easy," said the neighbor.  "You just say, of course I will."


"Yeah," sighed the salesman. "That's what I meant to say.  But what came out was, of course I do."


Moral of the story.  True sales professionals know that in order to be successful you must be fully alert at al times, especially when engaged in conversation with a prospect.  If you find yourself just going through the motions, just rehashing well-worn phrases when answering customer questions, it will only be a matter of time before you find yourself in the doghouse too.


"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."  -    Bruce Lee