Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Sales Joke of the Day (archives) Throwing Pearls.

A policeman brought four salesmen before a judge. 


"They were causing an awful lot of commotion at the zoo, your Honor," he said.



"Gentlemen," said the judge sternly, "I never like to hear reports of professional sales delinquency.  Now I want each of you to tell me your name and what you were doing wrong."



"My name is George," said the first salesman, "and I threw pearls into the pig pen."



"My name is Pete," said the second salesman, "and I threw pearls into the pig pen."



"My name is Mike," said the third salesman, "and I threw pearls into the pig pen."



"My name is Pearls," said the fourth salesman.



Moral of the story.   True sales professionals know to never throw pearls before swine.  In other words, never waste your time pitching those who do not have the capacity to buy.  Every moment you waste on someone who is not qualified to purchase your product or service, is a moment your competition has to pick off a qualified prospect in your territory.  So remember, concentrate on real decision makers.  Leave the low level tire kickers to your competition.


"The human race is intoxicated with narrow victories, for life is a string of them like pearls that hit the floor when the rope breaks, and roll away in perfection and anarchy."     
                                                                                                                   -      Mark Helprin