Friday, November 08, 2013

Sales Joke of the Day (November 8) Home Town Tough.

The meek little salesman appeared before the judge.   "In your own words," said the judge, "I want you to tell me exactly what happened."


The little salesman said:  "Your Honor, I'm a point of sale software salesperson, and I was simply researching trends in retail at the library yesterday.  There were two books I wanted to take out, so I got in line.  But when I reached the front desk, I was told that my library card had expired.  So I filled out the forms for another card, got in another line and waited patiently.  Then when I finally made it back to the front desk, this librarian with attitude, asked me whether or not I could prove I was from New York City.  So naturally, I stabbed him."


Moral of the story.   True sales professionals know that if they want to succeed in sales they always have to up to date on trends within their chosen field.   One way to stay at the cutting edge of information in your industry is to book some time at your library on a regular basis.  If you haven't been to your local library in some time; check it out!  You're long over due.


"A library is not a luxury but one of the necessities of life."        -      Henry Ward Beecher