Saturday, November 02, 2013

Sales Joke of the Day (November 2) Shy.

A very shy salesman goes into a pub and sees a very beautiful woman sitting at the bar.  After an hour of gathering up his courage, he finally goes over to her and asks tentatively, "Um, would you mind if we chatted for awhile?"


She responds by yelling at the top of her lungs, "No I won't sleep with you tonight!"  Everyone in the bar is now staring at them.  Naturally, the salesman is hopelessly and completely embarrassed, and he slinks back to his table.


After a few minutes, the woman walks over to him and apologizes.  She smiles at the salesman and says, "I'm sorry if I embarrassed you.  You see, I'm a graduate student in psychology and I'm studying how people respond to embarrassing situations."


"Oh, I understand, you were just doing a study,"  replied the salesman.   "Just hold on a sec, I think I can help you with your research.  Just a sec."    The salesman turns to the bar crowd and yells at the top of his voice,   "What do you mean $200 an hour?"


Moral of the story.   True sales professionals know that in order to succeed at sales they need to be confident with what they say, how they deal with customers and how they ask their questions.  If you lack confidence, you will not be treated with respect, and your questions won't be taken seriously.


"With confidence, you have won before you have started."          -      Marcus Garvey