Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sales Joke of the Day (November 24) Hiking.

A salesman came home from a long business trip to find his son riding a fancy new bike.


"Where did you get the money for that?" asked the salesman.  "That bike must have cost close to $500!"


"I earned it hiking," replied his son.


"Come on son, tell me truth.  Nobody gets that sort of money hiking.  Where did you really get the cash?"


"I'm not lying dad," said the salesman's son.  "Every night while you were away, Mr Smith the bank manager would come over to see Mom.  He'd give me $50 each time, and tell me to take a hike."


Moral of the story.  True sales professionals know that in order to succeed at sales you need to stay in top shape.  By doing so, you'll be able to increase your endurance in order to work at peak productivity all day long.    Sports like hiking and biking can be enjoyed for very little money.  So there's no excuse for not getting that rubber hitting the road as soon as possible.


"Truth be told, I'm much more comfortable in a pair of hiking boots or with a rack of climbing gear than in front of a laptop."                                                            -    Mark Udall