Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Sales Joke of the Day (archives) Dig.

The salesman was plagued by his spiteful mother-in-law who, much to his dismay, lived with his family.  She would constantly pepper him with digs.  Each morning, just as he was about to leave for work, the mother-in-law would take him to one side and hiss: "If you don't treat my daughter right after I'm dead, I'll dig up from my grave and haunt you!"


It was the same when the salesman came home for lunch.  The mother-in-law would sidle up to him and whisper menacingly: "If you don't treat my daughter right after I'm dead, I'll dig up from my grave and haunt you!"


And at night, she would collar him on his way to bed and snarl: "If you don't treat my daughter right after I'm dead, I'll dig up from my grave and haunt you!"


The salesman had recounted his awful life with the old woman to a friend from high school at a New Year's party.  The following year's festivities the friend jokingly asked how the salesman's mother-in-law was feeling.


"She isn't feeling anything, now," said the salesman gleefully.  "She died three weeks ago."


"Aren't you worried about her ominous threat?" asked the friend.


"Not really," replied the salesman, "but just to be sure, I had her buried face down.  Let her dig!"


Moral of the story.   True sales professionals know that each new year brings one the opportunity of starting things anew.  In the first couple of weeks of a new year, things are slow and you have a chance of digging out from under the backlog of paperwork you neglected the previous year.  Before you start your digging however, take a step back and reflect on what your priorities are and plan your work before you start your big dig.  After all you wouldn't want to start off your dig in the wrong direction.  Would you?


"Never let life impede on your ability to manifest your dreams.  Dig deeper into your dreams and deeper into yourself and believe that anything is possible, and make it happen."   
                                                                                                                         -  Corin Nemic