Sunday, January 05, 2014

Sales Joke of the Day (archives) The Pet Shop.

A young woman went into a pet shop one morning and mumbled: "Do you sell large white bears?"


"No I'm afraid we don't," said the salesman.   The woman promptly leaves the pet shop.


The next morning the woman came back to the pet shop and again asked,  "Do you sell large white bears?"


"No I'm afraid we don't," said the same salesman.   The woman promptly leaves the pet shop again.


The third morning the woman came back to the pet shop and again asked,  "Do you sell large white bears?"


"No I'm afraid we don't," said the same salesman. "And this is the third day you have come in and asked me that same question."


"I'm so sorry," said the young woman, "but I can't help it.  I have a buy polar disorder."


Moral of the story.  True sales professionals know that at times some prospects insist on trying to buy products or services you just don't sell.  Don't get sucked in.   Don't lose focus.  Never get upset.   But at the same time be careful not to waste time on prospects who are nuts either.


"In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order."       - Carl Jung