Thursday, January 02, 2014

Sales Joke of the Day (archives) The Lecture

On New Year's Eve, Daniel, a sales person, was in no shape to drive, so he sensibly left his van in the parking lot and walked home.  As he was wobbling along, he was stopped by a policeman. 


"What are you doing out here at four o'clock in the morning?"  asked the police officer.


"I'm on my way to a lecture," answered Daniel.


"And who on earth, in their right mind, is going to give a lecture at this time on New Year's Eve?"  enquired the police officer sarcastically.


"My wife," slurred Daniel grimly.


Moral of the story.   If you've gotten off to a bad start already in 2014, before getting out of bed this morning, why not recite this little New Year's Day prayer?


Dear Lord
So far this year I've done well.
I haven't gossiped, I haven't lost my temper, I haven't been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish, or overindulgent. I'm very thankful for that.  But in a few minutes, Lord, I'm going to get out of bed, and from then on I'm probably going to need a lot more help.
Amen