Sunday, January 05, 2014

Sales Joke of the Day (January 5) The Cure.

The psychiatrist closed the folder and stared at his patient on the other side of the room.   "Yes, after twenty weeks I'm pleased to pronounce that you are one hundred percent cured."

The salesman sighed,  "Gee, that's just great."

"I don't understand.  Aren't you happy?"  asked the psychiatrist.

"Why should I be?" the salesman shot back.   "A few weeks ago I was Genghis Khan!   Now I just sell used cars for a living."

Moral of the story.  True sales professionals know that in order to succeed at sales you need to conquer all obstacles in your path.   Sometimes dreaming that you're invincible can help keep you motivated.   Just don't get carried away and lose your head over it.    Just keep thinking to yourself; "yes I can!  Yes I can!"    Not, "yes I Khan!"

"We may have found a cure for most evils; but we have found no remedy for the worst of them all, the apathy of human beings."                  -   Helen Keller