Monday, January 13, 2014

Sales Joke of the Day (January 13) Discipline.

A frustrated salesman told a work colleague, "When I was a boy, I was disciplined by being sent to my room without supper.  But in my son's room, he has his own color TV, computer, games console and iPhone!"


"So what do you do?" asked his colleague.


The salesman replied, "I send him to my room!"


Moral of the story.   True sales professionals know that in order to be successful at sales these days, you have to be disciplined, self-disciplined.   With all the distractions in the modern world it's very easy to become distracted and lose focus.   Social media, if not self-regulated, can become a huge time sink.   Good old fashioned to do lists, that you prepare  at the start of each and every business day, stroking off items one-by-one as you complete them, are probably still the best way of staying on track towards your goals.    Stay sharp.  Stay focused.  Stay on track.  And stay successful.


"We all have dreams.  But in order to make dreams into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline and effort."     -  Jesse Owens