Friday, September 20, 2013

Sales Joke of the Day (September 20) Beer Money.

The salesman is down on his luck.   Sales haven't been coming in and neither have the commission checks.  So he does what any self-respecting salesman does in these situations; he goes to the bar to discuss his sorrows with his buds, over a cold ones.   Buds squared for some folks.


After a couple of cold ones, the salesman says to his beer buddy, "My wife tells me we can't afford beer anymore so I have to give it up."


His pal replies, "Sorry to hear that man.  Hey, don't worry about tonight.  These are on me."


The salesman responds with, "Thanks man, it's appreciated but I got it covered.  Besides, a day later I catch my old lady spending $100 on makeup.  So I ask her, how come I have to give up stuff but she doesn't."


"That's telling her."


"Then she says she needs the makeup to look pretty for me," exclaimed the salesman.


"I've seen your wife, she's got a point," chuckled his pal.


"Yeah, true," says the salesman.  "But then I told her that's what the beer was for."


"She's not coming back is she?"


Moral of the story.   True sales professionals know that in order to succeed at sales you need to stay focused on the task at hand.   In tough times, you need to stay close to your immediate family for encouragement and support.   The last thing you need to do is drown your sorrows in beer.   That will only serve to dampen your "spirits."  And the last person people want to hang out with is a "winer."


"Beauty lies in the eye of the beer holder."    -   Kinky Friedman