Sunday, September 08, 2013

Sales Joke of the Day (September 8) The Dog.

It was the first NFL Sunday of the year.  The salesman walked into the bar with his collie Bronco.  Ordering a beer while Bronco sat at his feet, the salesman said to the bartender.  "Say, I'll bet you five dollars that my dog can talk."

Glancing down at the collie, the bartender pulled a five-dollar bill from his pocket and slapped it on the counter.  "You're on!"

Turning to the dog, the salesman asked, "What's another way of saying fifty percent?"

Bronco replied, "Arf!"

Scratching his head, the bartender pulled another five-dollar bill from his pocket and lay it on the table.  "Five bucks more says he can't answer another question."

Accepting the challenge, the salesman turns to Bronco and asks, "What's the opposite of on?"

Bronco replied, "Arf!"

Catching on, the bartender said, "Okay, wise guy.  Fifty bucks say he can't do it again, only this time I get to ask the question.  Before the salesman could reply, the bartender had taken the money from his cash register and bent over to address the dog.

"Who's the greatest quarterback that ever played in the NFL?" asked the bartender.

Bronco replied, "Manning?"

Moral of the story.  True sales professionals know that in order to be successful at sales it often pays to know your sports.  Especially football.  Remember each week, if you're inclined to the occasional friendly wager, to never pick dogs and never ever bet against Manning.

"If nothing else in life, I want to be true to the things I believe in, and quite simply, to what I'm all about.  I know I'd better, because it seems whenever I take a false step or two I feel the consequences."      -   Peyton Manning