Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sales Joke of the Day (September 29) The Birthday Present

A few days before her birthday, the salesman asks his wife, "Dear, what would you like for your present?"


"I really don't think I should say," responded his wife.


"How about a diamond ring?" asks the salesman.


"I don't care much for diamonds."


"Well, how about a mink coat?" asks the salesman.


"You know I don't like furs," his wife replies.


"A golden necklace?" asks the salesman.


"I already have three of them," replies his wife.


"Well, gosh, what do you want?"  asked the salesman.


His wife looks down at her feet before replying, "What I'd really like is a divorce."


"Hmmmm," says the salesman, "I wasn't planning on spending that much."


Moral of the story.   True sales professionals know that in order to be successful at sales you need to master the art of questioning.  Especially open-ended questions.  Ask them at the wrong time and you may get more than you're bargaining for.


"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."  -  Buddha