Saturday, April 12, 2014

Sales Joke of the Day (April 12) The Genie

A sales rep, an administration clerk and the sales manager are walking to lunch when they find an antique oil lamp. They rub it and a Genie comes out in a puff of smoke. The Genie says, "I usually only grant three wishes, so I'll give each of you just one."


"Me first! Me first!" says the admin clerk. "I want to be in the Bahamas, driving a speedboat, without a care in the world." 


Poof! She's gone.


In astonishment, "Me next! Me next!" says the sales rep. "I want to be in Hawaii, relaxing on the beach with my personal masseuse, an endless supply of pina coladas and the love of my life." 


Poof! He's gone.


"OK, you're up," the Genie says to the sales manager. 


The sales manager replies,"I want those two back in the office after lunch."


Moral of story.   Always let your boss have the first say.  They might be able to crush your wishes, but never your dreams.


"Advertising is the genie which is transforming America into a place of comfort, luxury and ease for millions."     -  William Allen White