Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Sales Joke of the Day (April 23) Advice.

A man walked into a shoe shop and asked for a pair of shoes, size eight.


The salesman said:  "Are you sure, sir?  You look like a size twelve to me."


"Just bring me a size eight," insisted the customer.



So the assistant fetched a pair of size eight shoes, and the man squeezed his feet into them with obvious discomfort.  He then stood up in the shoes, but with considerable pain.


"Are you absolutely sure you want these shoes?" repeated the salesman.


"Listen," said the man, "I've lost my house to the bank, I lost my job to someone offshore, I live with my mother-in-law, my daughter ran off with my best friend and my son just told me he's a Chicago Cubs fan!  The only pleasure I have left is to come home at night, after spending all day looking for a part-time, and take my shoes off.  There's no way I'm letting you take that from me too!"


Moral of the story.    True sales professionals know that there are just some people who do not want to be helped.  No matter how badly they need your advice, your product or your service, they are intent on doing things their way, without you.   So be it.  Drop them as fast as you can and move on!   Some people just can't help themselves.


"Wise men don't need advice.  Fools won't take it."    -  Benjamin Franklin