Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Sales Joke of the Day (April 2) Yoga Class.

An older salesman was telling a co-worker about the fitness club he had just joined.  "I took part in my first yoga class this morning," the salesman bragged.


"How did it go?" asked his co-worker.


"Well, I bent, twisted, turned, jumped up and down, and perspired for an hour, but by the time I'd finally got my leotards on, the class was over."


Moral of the story.  True sales professionals understand that while some preparation is necessary to succeed at selling, if you spend too much time preparing, the quarter will be over before you know it, and you won't have any sales to your credit.   When it comes to selling, yoga or any other physical activity, you won't get any results unless you "Just do it!"


"Yoga introduced me to a style of meditation.  The only meditation I would have done before would be in the writing of songs."   -   Sting