Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Sales Joke of the Day (April 9) The Frog.

A salesman walks into a bar and orders a beer.  After a few minutes he says to the bartender, "Hey if I show you the most amazing thing you've ever seen, will you give me another beer on the house?"


"We'll see," said the bartender.  "I've had a lot of nuts come in here, and I've seen some pretty amazing things in my day."


So the salesman pulls out a hamster and a tiny piano out of his briefcase, and puts them on the bar.  Then the hamster begins to play Chopin.


"Not bad," said the bartender, "but I'll need to see more."


"Okay, hold on," says the salesman as he pulls a frog from his briefcase.  Suddenly the frog starts singing, "My Way."


Another patron at the bar jumps up from his stool and says, "That's amazing!  I'll give you a thousand dollars right now for that frog!"


"Sold!" says the salesman who exchanges the frog for cash.


The bartender then says to the salesman, "You know, it is none of my business, but I think you just gave away a real fortune in that frog."


"Not really," said the salesman, "The hamster is also a ventriloquist."


Moral of the story.  Sales professionals know that when there is money on the table, you don't take time to ask additional questions or add value statements.  You simply close the deal and walk away.   Fast.  Real fast.  


"Who doesn't love 'Frogger?'  It draws its power from our shared feeling of powerlessness.   Wherever we are now, at one time or another we have all felt the frog's anxiety in the face of the world's intransigence, its blind and callous disregard for our happiness or well-being."   
                                                             -  D. B. Weiss