Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Sales Joke of the Day (April 22) The Family Business?

A very successful businessman had a meeting with his new son-in-law. I welcome you into the family,” said the man. “To show you how much we care for you, I am making you a 50-50 partner in my business. All you have to do is go to the factory everyday and learn the operation.”


The son-in-law interrupted. “I hate factories. I can’t stand the noise.”


“I see.” replied the father-in-law, “Well, then you’ll work in the office and take charge of some of the operations.”


“I hate office work,” said the son-in-law. “I can’t stand being stuck behind a desk.” 


"Wait a minute," said the father-in-law. “I just made you half owner of a money-making industry, but you don’t like factories, and won’t work in an office. What am I going to do with you?”


“Easy,” said the son-in-law. “Buy me out.”


Moral of the story.  True sales professionals know that in order to succeed at sales, or anything else at life, you are going to have to work for it.  Unless of course, you're able to marry into money.  By the way, if you were able to talk your way into a marriage for money, you've just sold yourself!   When it comes to sales, you're a natural!


"I grew up in a family business.... that really has provided me the core of my belief in American small business, and in America's ability to grow and operate important businesses that can compete and be successful."    -  Karen Mills