Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Sales Joke of the Day (April 30) A Family Pack Pact!

The Devil tells a salesman, "Look, I can make you richer, more famous, and more successful than any salesman alive. In fact, I can make you the greatest salesman that ever lived."


"Well," says the salesman, "what do I have to do in return?"


The Devil smiles, "Well, of course you have to give me your soul," he says, "but you also have to give me the souls of your children, the souls of your children's children and, as a matter of fact, you have to give me the souls of all your descendants throughout eternity."


"Wait a minute," the salesman says cautiously, "What's the catch?"


Moral of the story.   True sales professionals know that in order to succeed at sales, their integrity and their long term reputation need to be kept intact.   Selling one's soul to the devil, to a boss or to a customer, just to get a commission check, won't pay off in the long run.  Any "bargain" you make at the expense of others, will eventually come back to haunt you.   Simple solution?   Never compromise your ethics.   If your gut is telling you that you are doing something wrong, listen to your gut.


"Don't let people disrespect you.  My mom says don't open the door to the devil.  Surround yourself with positive people."      
- Cuba Gooding Jr.