Thursday, May 08, 2014

Sales Joke of the Day (May 8) The Elevator Ride.

A salesman got on an elevator in a building.  When he entered the elevator, there was a cheerful young woman already inside who smiled broadly and cheerfully greeted him by saying, "T-G-I-F!"  (letters only)


The salesman smiled at her and replied, "S-H-I-T."   (letters only)


She looked at the salesman puzzled, and said "T-G-I-F" again.


Again the salesman acknowledged her remark by answering "S-H-I-T."  (letters only)


The cheerful young woman was determined to be friendly, so she smiled her biggest smile and said as sweetly as as she possibly could, "T-G-I-F" one last time.


The salesman smiled back to her, had a quizzical expression on his face, and responded, "S-H-I-T."  (letters only)


The cheerful young woman had had enough, she felt she must explain things.  So she said, "T-G-I-F stands for, Thank Goodness It's Friday, don't you get it?"


The salesman answered, "Sorry Honey It's Thursday."


Moral of the story.  True sales professionals know that when it's Thursday, Friday is just around the corner.  So they focus, and work twice as hard.  Why?  Because they know by putting in more than a full week's worth of work in early they can take off early on a Friday afternoon.  They know it's not the hours of work you put in but rather the work you put in those hours.  


"This must be Thursday.  I could never get the hang of Thursdays."    - Douglas Adams