Sunday, May 11, 2014

Sales Joke of the Day (May 11) The Bar.

The nearest bar patron was five stools away, but that didn't keep Josh, a salesman, from leaning over toward the bartender and commenting, "Wow!  That's a lousy smell you got going on in here."   A few minutes later he added, "It smells just like, like some sort of dung!"   Puzzled by the origin of the stench he moved closer to the other customer, and sure enough, the smell worsened.  "Phew, you really stink," the salesman pointed out.


"I know, "  said the second bar patron apologetically.  "It's because of my job."  Seeing that Josh the salesman was interested in a further explanation, he went on.  "I'm with an elephant act, and before each show I have to give the elephants enemas so they don't have to take a dump during the performance.  Frankly, it's a tricky business, because I have to administer it quickly and then jump back.  And sometimes I just can't move fast enough."


"Yikes!" commiserated Josh, shaking his head.  "How much do they pay you for this lousy job?  Peanuts?" 


"Five-hundred dollars a week," said the man cheerfully.


"You've got to be kidding.  That's it?  Why don't you just quit?" asked Josh.


"What?" retorted the man, "and get out of show business?"


Moral of the story.  True sales professionals know that to be truly successful at work, you have to love what you do.  Success is never about the money.   So the next time you start thinking, "Woe is me, I have a sheety job."  I want you to stop for a moment and remember the "elephant man."   And know this.   Things could always be worse!


"Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life."   
-  Confucius