Saturday, May 10, 2014

Sales Joke of the Day (May 10) Gas.

A salesman goes to the doctor and says, “Doctor I have this problem with gas, but it really doesn’t bother me too much because they never smell and are always silent. As a matter of fact, I’ve f-arted at least 20 times since I’ve been here in your office.”


The doctor says, “I see, take these pills and come back to see me next week."



The next week the salesman goes back to his office. “Doctor,” he says, “I don’t know what you gave me, but now my f-arts, although still silent, stink terribly!”



The doctor says, “Good, Now that we’ve cleared up your sinuses, let’s work on your hearing.”



Moral of the story.  True sales professionals know that self-awareness is key to their sales success.   Truly understanding how others perceive you and your actions can give you a competitive edge.   Most sales people do not have that ability to take a step back and objectively assess their performance in a given sales cycle.   If you do, use it.   Like a heat-seeking missile that self-corrects it's flight path you need to do the same with each sales opportunity before your prospect, or one of your co-workers, has to tell you that your performance stinks.


"Mental fight means thinking against the current, not with it.  It is our business to puncture gas bags and to discover the seeds of truth."      -  Virginia Woolf