Saturday, March 01, 2014

Sales Joke of the Day (March 25) The Tie.

The salesman wanted to get into a night club with a few friends. Unfortunately the dress code stated that without a tie he couldn't get in. 


His friends didn't have a spare necktie between them but one of them said, 'Hey,I've got an idea. I have a set of jumper cables in the back of my car. Tie them round your neck, tuck in the ends and you should pass by the doormen. 



On re-entering the club, one bouncer was suspicious of his neck wear. On inspection, he relented as long as the salesman behaved ... and didn't start anything! 



Moral of the story.   True sales professionals know that in order to succeed, they need to pay attention to small details; like their ties.   With neck wear, it's always best to be understated, fashionable, but never too loud.  Remember, you want to be the focus of your prospect's attention.  Knot your tie.


"I told my dentist my teeth are going yellow.  He told me to wear a brown tie."  
                                                                                        - Rodney Dangerfield