Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Sales Joke of the Day (March 11) The House Fire.

When the salesman's house burned down, his first phone call was oddly enough to another salesman, the guy who had sold him his homeowner's policy. 

"I need a check for the cash value of my house, and I need it as soon as possible, " the salesman said firmly.

"I'm afraid it doesn't work that way" explained the insurance agent politely.  "See, yours was a replacement policy, which means that we'll be rebuilding the house exactly as it was before." 

"I see," said the salesman, after a long contemplative pause.  "In that case, I'd like to immediately cancel the policy I have on my wife."

Moral of the story.   For sales professionals, insurance is no joke.   Home insurance to protect your assets, life insurance to ensure that the lifestyle of your loved ones is protected, and wage replacement insurance in case a health ailment or accident leaves you unable to earn a living; are all essential must haves in modern day society.  Planning to fail by failing to plan, in this area of your life, is a risk you do not want to take.


"The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled."     -  Plutarch