Saturday, March 08, 2014

Sales Joke of the Day (March 8) Great Expectations.

Four salesmen in Minneapolis, just happened to meet up in a hospital waiting room.  Turns out all four were expectant fathers and were very nervous while their wives were in labor.

The nurse arrived and announced to the first salesman, "Congratulations sir you're the father of twins."

"What a coincidence!" the first salesman said with some obvious pride.  "I am in corporate sales for the Minnesota Twins baseball team."

The nurse returned in a little while and turned to the second salesman and said, "You sir are the father of triplets."

"Wow, that's really an incredible coincidence," he answered.  "I am in sales for the 3M Corporation.  My buddies at work are never going to let me live this one down."

An hour later, while the first two salesmen were passing cigars around, the nurse came back.  This time she turned to the third salesman, who had been rather quiet in the corner.  She announced that his wife had just given birth to quadruplets!  Stunned the salesman could barely reply.

"Don't tell me another coincidence?" asked the nurse.

After gaining his composure, he said, "I don't believe it!   I work in event sales for the Four Seasons Hotel."

After hearing this, everybody's attention turned to the fourth salesman, who had just fainted, flat out on the floor.  The nurse rushed to his side and after some time, he slowly gained back his consciousness.

The nurse asked him, "Sir, are you all right?"

"Yes," said the fourth salesman, "I'm OK now, but it's my wife I'm worried about.  I work in franchise sales for 7-11 !"

Moral of the story.   Salesmen.  We often think that we're tough road warriors!   But as men, none of us have ever experienced the pain of childbirth first hand.   Thank goodness.   I for one admit I wouldn't be able to handle it!   

Where am I going with this?      Well guys, in case you've forgotten, it's International Women's Day today, March 8th.   If you want to score some major points with your better half, stop by on your way home and pick up some flowers.  Forget the roses, that was last month for Valentine's Day.   Go instead with tulips or daffodils.  Preferably yellow, or white, something bright and indicative of spring.     When you get home from work, or when she gets home form work, sneak up behind her, give her a big kiss, wish her a Happy International Woman's Day and then present her with your flowers.   After you pick her up from the floor from fainting, just remember you owe me one.


"Man does not control his own fate.  The women in his life do that for him." - Groucho Marx