Sunday, March 09, 2014

Sales Joke of the Day (March 9) The Help Wanted Ad.

The Help Wanted ad said, "Wanted: CEO needs a one armed salesman, with a business degree and five years of sales experience."

The salesman who won the job asked, "I understand most of the qualifications you required, but why 'one armed'?"

The CEO answered, "I have hired many salesmen over the years, and when it comes to reviewing their sales forecast I am tired of hearing the phrase, 'on the other hand'."


Moral of the story.    True sales professionals know that when it comes to succeeding at sales, true sales professionals fully commit to what they forecast.   No fluff, no hail Marys, no placeholders, no sand bagging.  True sales professionals know that when it comes to their forecast it's best to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.  On the other hand,  there's always the Help Wanted section of your local newspaper.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."  
                                                                  -  Lily  Tomlin