Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sales Joke of the Day (March 16) Pills.

The salesman was depressed when he got back from the doctor's office.


"What's the matter?" his wife asked.


"The doctor says I have to take one of these white pills every day for the rest of my life," replied the salesman.


"And what's so bad about that?" his wife inquired.


"He only gave me seven."


Moral of the story.   True sales professionals know that everyone only gets seven.  Seven days in a week.  And it's how you use all seven that determines your success.   You can't work all seven, you won't be effective or efficient if you do that for too long.  You will burn out.    Make sure that you spend your weekend taking a break from your everyday routine.  Unwind.  Relax.  Get some exercise.   Pick up that hobby you used to have time for, if even for only an hour.   By Monday you will be refreshed and ready to charge the business world again, head on!


"It's a funny thing - when I'm crazed with work, spending time with my children relaxes me.   Yet, at the end of a long weekend with them, the very thing I need to relax is a little work and some time away from them!"    -    Emily Giffin